Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: RSSIn this session of the Motorcycle Mentor Podcast, I share what you should expect during your first motorcycle ride in the rain. I also share 9 tips that will help you ride in the rain like a pro.
My first ride in the rain was a surprise. The weatherman said there almost no chance of rain, so I rode to work. But it poured on my 15 mile commute home. People were snickering all around me. I was wet and cold, but somehow I managed to keep a grin on my face. You can read all about that memorable ride in the article BikeBandit.com published (listed below).
More specifically, in this session you’ll find out about:
- 5 things you can expect when riding in the rain for the first time.
- Why riding in the rain can be one of the most memorable experiences you can have on two wheels.
- What riding in the rain and camping have in common.
- 9 tips that will help you master riding in the rain.
- Why my motorcycle mentor wanted me to plan my first ride in the rain.
Resources and links mentioned in this session:
- If you’ve never ridden in the rain – get ready
(article documenting my first ride in the rain, published on BikeBandit.com)
Leave feedback or ask a question
You can also leave me a voice mail message. I might play your voice mail question during an upcoming podcast.
Help the Motorcycle Mentor Podcast
And lastly, if you haven’t already done so, would you take a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It would be extremely helpful for the show and I’m aiming for 100 5-star ratings before the end of the year. That would be awesome for a motorcycle related podcast.
To leave a review on iTunes.
- Click here to open the podcast page.
- Then select the blue “View in iTunes” button to open iTunes.
- Then select the “Ratings and Reviews” tab.
- Then select the gray “Write a Review” button.
Thank you in advance for doing this. And thank you for listening. I hope you enjoyed this episode. Please let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Good points David. I would also suggest watching out for those slippery manhole covers in wet weather.
Thanks and keep up the good work.
Thanks and great point about the manhole covers.
As I listened to , things you can expect when riding in the rain for the first time. I had to smile! As a long time rider, that lives in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon)I frequently ride on rainy days, as I did today. I enjoyed the podcast, and your suggestions on how to control the ride. Great job
Thanks. Would love to someday visit and ride in your area of the country… rain or shine.