If you are a beginner rider (or just thinking about buying a motorcycle), and want to learn how to ride a motorcycle, you’re in the right place. We are constantly adding content to this page, so check back often.
We’ve broken things into sections, so you can find exactly what you need, when you need it.
If you haven’t downloaded our free MotorcycleMentor Quick Start Guide™, you need to do this first. The Guide touches on some important tips that will get you in the right mindset.
Just thinking about buying a motorcycle
Here we discuss important topics for the person considering a motorcycle. If you haven’t purchased one yet, read these articles first.
How to select your first motorcycle
“What is the best beginner motorcycle?” It’s one of the most frequently asked questions we receive. The real answer is… “It depends.” We have each written our opinions on the matter. We don’t agree on every point, but we do agree on some of the major ones.
- What’s the best beginner motorcycle – from a motorcycle instructor’s perspective
- Beginner motorcycle buying guide – from a woman’s perspective
- How to select your first (or next) motorcycle (podcast)
Riding tips to help you survive your first year
Here we discuss everything related to riding your first year. From riding tips to suggestions on training… we discuss it all.
- How to overcome FEAR when learning to ride a motorcycle
- 3 ways to ace your first motorcycle training course
- Motorcycle mirror extenders – How to see less of you and more of the guy behind you
- How to keep moby dick happy on long motorcycle rides
- How to put your motorcycle on center stand
Beginner rider Q&A
Here are some of the questions we have received from readers. We need different view points. Take a few minutes and share your opinion in the “Leave a Reply” box at the end of each article. I believe we can learn a lot from each other. If you have a question not asked here, Contact Motorcyclementor and we will consider posting it here for all to answer.
MotorcycleMentor Quick Tips™
Here we share short beginner rider quick tips. They may be short, but they are useful.
- How to make your motorcycle chain last 5x longer
- Why you shouldn’t use WD40 to lube your motorcycle chain
- Why waiting 3 seconds could save your life
- How I fixed my foggy helmet problem for $15
- Starting a motorcycle on a hill – the right way
- The 10 Commandments of riding a motorcycle
Riding a motorcycle — from a woman’s perspective
Here we discuss motorcycle ownership, riding gear and the emotions of riding from a woman’s point of view.