In this first session of the Motorcycle Mentor Podcast, I explain who I am and why I started MotorcycleMentor.com. I also introduce my motorcycle mentors, Fred and Pete.
I started MotorcycleMentor.com in 2005. To say the site has gone through several iterations would be a gross understatement. In the early days I spent too much time making the site look pretty, instead of focusing on making it valuable. I failed miserably getting the content that my mentors and others had written for me onto the site.
I was embarrassed. To get rid of the knot in my stomach, I sold MotorcycleMentor.com in 2011. But in 2013 I bought it back! Have you ever failed to complete something you KNEW you were suppose to finish? This was the case for me. I explain more in this podcast.
More specifically, in this session you’ll find out about:
- Who is David Mixson?
- How I got started riding a motorcycle.
- How I found my motorcycle mentors.
- Why I started MotorcycleMentor.com.
- Why I sold MotorcycleMentor.com, then bought it back 2 years later.
Resources and links mentioned in this session:
- About MotorcycleMentor (more about the site)
- David Mixson (more about me)
- Fred Applegate (more about my motorcycle mentor Fred)
- Pete Tamblyn (more about my motorcycle mentor Pete)
Leave feedback or ask a question
You can also leave me a voice mail message. I might play your voice mail question during an upcoming podcast.
Help the Motorcycle Mentor Podcast
And lastly, if you haven’t already done so, would you take a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It would be extremely helpful for the show and I’m aiming for 100 5-star ratings before the end of the year. That would be awesome for a motorcycle related podcast.
To leave a review on iTunes.
- Click here to open the podcast page.
- Then select the blue “View in iTunes” button to open iTunes.
- Then select the “Ratings and Reviews” tab.
- Then select the gray “Write a Review” button.
Thank you in advance for doing this. And thank you for listening. I hope you enjoyed this episode. Please let us know what you think in the comment section below.