In this session of the Motorcycle Mentor Podcast, I explain the three major motorcycle helmet certifications. If you live in the United States, you should see a DOT on every motorcycle helmet. If it doesn’t show DOT, then it’s not a real helmet. Some helmets also have the SNELL symbol. I’ll explain the difference in these two markings.
Listen to the podcast by clicking on the play button at the top of the page.
More specifically, in this session you’ll find out about:
- What are the three most common certifications: DOT, SNELL and ECE.
- Why all real helmets in the US must show the DOT symbol to be legal helmets.
- What is the difference between DOT and SNELL?
- Which is better, DOT or SNELL?
- Who uses the ECE rating?
Resources and Links
Comparison of SNELL vs. DOT testing from SNELL website.
Special thanks for rating the podcast on iTunes…
I’d like to personally thank the following people for rating the podcast on iTunes:
Scott Foens, and Rob from Canada. Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
Leave feedback or ask a question
You can also leave me a voice mail message. I might play your voice mail question during an upcoming podcast.
Help the Motorcycle Mentor Podcast
And lastly, if you haven’t already done so, would you take a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It would be extremely helpful for the show and I’m aiming for 100 5-star ratings before the end of the year. That would be awesome for a motorcycle related podcast.
To leave a review on iTunes.
- Click here to open the podcast page.
- Then select the blue “View in iTunes” button to open iTunes.
- Then select the “Ratings and Reviews” tab.
- Then select the gray “Write a Review” button.
Thank you in advance for doing this. And thank you for listening. I hope you enjoyed this episode. Please let us know what you think in the comment section below.