In this session of the Motorcycle Mentor Podcast, I discuss countersteering and explain why I think it is one of the most important things you should understand… regardless of whether you are a beginner or experienced rider.
Countersteering is how you control your motorcycle: push right to go right, push left to go left. But pushing on the right bar is actually the same as pulling on the left bar… which means to initiate a right turn you turn the handlebar in the opposite direction. Sound confusing?
More specifically, in this session you’ll find out about:
- My first trip to Deals Gap.
- What is countersteering — my simple definition.
- Why understanding countersteering with your head is so important.
- Why there is so much passionate debate about the physics of countersteering.
- Why I think having countersteering part of your muscle memory can significantly increase your abilities to avoid an accident.
Resources and links mentioned in this session:
Video showing countersteering…
Video explaining more of the physics…
Special thanks for rating the podcast on iTunes…
I’d like to personally thank the following people for rating the podcast on iTunes:
Eric Nelson, Don Plantenberg, and Susan Collander. Thanks. I really appreciate it.
Leave feedback or ask a question
You can also leave me a voice mail message. I might play your voice mail question during an upcoming podcast.
Help the Motorcycle Mentor Podcast
And lastly, if you haven’t already done so, would you take a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It would be extremely helpful for the show and I’m aiming for 100 5-star ratings before the end of the year. That would be awesome for a motorcycle related podcast.
To leave a review on iTunes.
- Click here to open the podcast page.
- Then select the blue “View in iTunes” button to open iTunes.
- Then select the “Ratings and Reviews” tab.
- Then select the gray “Write a Review” button.
Thank you in advance for doing this. And thank you for listening. I hope you enjoyed this episode. Please let us know what you think in the comment section below.